Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Million Dollar Spaghetti

I can't decide what I think about this recipe, but I do know that I wouldn't call it "Million Dollar" anything.  I didn't salt and pepper the noodles but wish I would have because without doing so it's quite bland.  I don't know, maybe some green bell peppers and mushrooms with the ground beef would be good.  If you try it let me know how you like it and if you did anything to enhance the recipe. 
 
1 lb ground beef
2 jars spaghetti sauce
4 oz of cream cheese
1/4 cup of sour cream
8 oz of cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
12 oz spaghetti noodles
sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Boil your noodles and cook the ground beef.  Drain the fat from the meat and add the jars of spaghetti sauce.  In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese until well combined. 

In a 9x13 baking dish layer half of your noodles, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then spread the cream cheese mixture over them.  Add the remaining noodles, sprinkle with more salt and pepper, and top with the spaghetti sauce.  Bake for 30 minutes before covering the spaghetti with cheddar cheese.  Bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment