1 pound lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups salsa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
1 envelope taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 small can of drained corn
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
6 flour or corn tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, corn, dressing, sour cream, taco seasoning, cumin and cilantro.
- Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish then sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place flour or corn tortillas on top of meat mixture. Layer with the meat mixture and cheese. Repeat as many layers as you like.
- The last and final layer should be a healthy dose of grated cheese.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with Pam or other cooking spray and bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.
- Yield: 8 servings.